PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] LXDE and LibreOffice: Where is the pcmanfm save dialog?

jd228
December 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey,

so this is my first post in the ubuntu forum. i use ubuntu since 8 years. so far all my questions were answered from google;)

but now, it seems there is no answer.

i switched from ubuntu to lubuntu, because of unity. and i really like lubuntu. but there is one big problem.
i want to use libreoffice instead of abiword.

when i click "save" it appears not the pcmanfm save dialog to choose from folders and bookmarks, everytime it appears the save dialog from libreoffice without booksmarks.

is there a way to fix that.

i did install LO from synaptic and with the debs from libreoffice.com. same result - no pcmanfm save dialog.

without my bookmarks in the save dialog i will return to ubuntu 11.04. please help me to stay with lubuntu.

thanks for your help!

daniel

marinara
December 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM
System File Dialogs or LibreOffice Dialogs

On most operating systems, you can choose to use the system file dialogs or LibreOffice dialogs.

Choose LibreOffice - PreferencesTools - Options - LibreOffice - General to switch the type of open/save dialogs.

quoting the libreoffice help file.

jd228
December 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
thanks, but i tried that before.

there is no such box to switch between system file dialogs and libreoffice dialogs.

any other solutions?

jcmhunting
December 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I am having the same problem. I really like Lubuntu, but I need to save docs to a server. Is there some way to see bookmarks in the save box?

Dennis N
December 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I am having the same problem. I really like Lubuntu, but I need to save docs to a server. Is there some way to see bookmarks in the save box?

One thing you can do is change the default path for saving your documents at:

Tools > Options > Libre Office > Paths

You may be able to change this to point to a server rather than a local folder.