PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I reinstall FireFox 8 ?

hoboy
December 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I have install firefox 9 beta but now i want to go back to Firefox 8.

K_ambrose
December 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I have install firefox 9 beta but now i want to go back to Firefox 8.
Just go online to their website and download it directly from there.

hoboy
December 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Just go online to their website and download it directly from there.

Thanks.
My question is if I already have the Firefox 9, will it cause conflict
when I install FireFox 8 ? not where to download firefox.

2F4U
December 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
My understanding is that you cannot install Firefox 8 and 9 in parallel. You could, however, have 8 and Aurora installed in parallel. What Ubuntu version do you have? I am asking since I have 11.10 and Firefox 8 was provided through the normal repositories. Since you have Firefox 9 already installed, you should probably first remove this and then install Firefox through the repositories.

hoboy
December 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
My understanding is that you cannot install Firefox 8 and 9 in parallel. You could, however, have 8 and Aurora installed in parallel. What Ubuntu version do you have? I am asking since I have 11.10 and Firefox 8 was provided through the normal repositories. Since you have Firefox 9 already installed, you should probably first remove this and then install Firefox through the repositories.

Thanks.
I have ubuntu-11.10 I will follow your advice.

lovinglinux
December 14th, 2011, 11:09 PM

Actually, if you download Firefox from Mozilla, you can run any number of versions in parallel.

Anyway, how did you install Firefox 9? If you installed through a ppa, you need to disable the ppa and reinstall Firefox.

BTW, Firefox 9 will be released next week and it will completely replace Firefox 8, so it is kind of a moot point to try to go back to Firefox 8 now.

If you provide more information why you want to go back, perhaps we can help solve the problem.

VcDeveloper
December 15th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'm running 10.04 LTS and I only have 3.6.4 version. How can I get the latest version into my repo? I downloaded 8.01, but I would like for it be in my repo instead so it will update auto.

Thanks!...

lovinglinux
December 15th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I'm running 10.04 LTS and I only have 3.6.4 version. How can I get the latest version into my repo? I downloaded 8.01, but I would like for it be in my repo instead so it will update auto.

Thanks!...

Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712247)

VcDeveloper
December 15th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks! Appreciate your help!