PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] qt creator says please

shubham1
December 4th, 2011, 06:31 AM
the error is in the image
i cant add a qt version please help me add an screen shot would be easy

McNils
December 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I installed the program. Here is how the settings looks in my qtcreator.

shubham1
December 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM
what changes should i make

shubham1
December 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM
please reply back

shubham1
December 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
i just get this problem see the image

shubham1
December 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
help me here how to make a qmake file

Zugzwang
December 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Try to install the "libqt4-dev" package. This should install everything absolutely needed for QT4 development, along with qmake. See http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libqt4-dev for details. Restart qtcreator afterwards, without loading any old project.

McNils
December 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM
help me here how to make a qmake file
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qmake-tutorial.html

shubham1
December 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM
its already installed

shubham1
December 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
this windows contiue comming when i open qt if i close it it opens again

Zugzwang
December 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
EDIT: Hey, wait, in your screenshot in post #5, QT4 is actually listed as being installed. Remove the additional "manual" lines in the settings dialog, though, as they are not correct.

With respect to this window: when precisely does it appear? "QT" is a library, so you cannot open it. Thus, your description in a bit vague.

shubham1
December 7th, 2011, 02:59 PM
EDIT: Hey, wait, in your screenshot in post #5, QT4 is actually listed as being installed. Remove the additional "manual" lines in the settings dialog, though, as they are not correct.

With respect to this window: when precisely does it appear? "QT" is a library, so you cannot open it. Thus, your description in a bit vague.
yes the folder is there

Zugzwang
December 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
yes the folder is there

Which folder? Sorry, could you elaborate on your answer? Nobody knows which folder you are referring to. Did you remove the additional lines in the dialog?

shubham1
December 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
you have edited your post first you asked for a folder

shubham1
December 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Which folder? Sorry, could you elaborate on your answer? Nobody knows which folder you are referring to. Did you remove the additional lines in the dialog?
ypu have edited your post

Zugzwang
December 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
ypu have edited your post

Ah, ok, that was non-obvious since you quoted the modified post. Yeah, I've edited the post because I have later seen in your post #5 that apparently qtcreator *was* able to find your qt4-make executable and that you added some non-standard additional reference to development kits that are invalid. Try to remove those and things should work. (Also, I asked for checking if the file "qt4-qmake" is contained in /usr/bin. Since "qt4-qmake" is not a folder, I discarded the possibility that you meant it).

You might still want to answer the following question:

shubham1
December 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Ah, ok, that was non-obvious since you quoted the modified post. Yeah, I've edited the post because I have later seen in your post #5 that apparently qtcreator *was* able to find your qt4-make executable and that you added some non-standard additional reference to development kits that are invalid. Try to remove those and things should work. (Also, I asked for checking if the file "qt4-qmake" is contained in /usr/bin. Since "qt4-qmake" is not a folder, I discarded the possibility that you meant it).

You might still want to answer the following question:
when i open qt creator it appears when i close it then it again comes

shubham1
December 8th, 2011, 10:45 AM
i jsut tried to create a new project and it created but this problem is still on when ever i tries to open new windows in qt should i reinstall it

Zugzwang
December 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
when i open qt creator it appears when i close it then it again comes

Try to open qtcreator from the terminal without referring to any project. So just typ "qtcreator" in the terminal. Then, copy&paste all qtcreator output that appeared on the terminal here.

Also, did you remove these 2 extra lines in the dialog, as suggested in the posts above?

shubham1
December 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Try to open qtcreator from the terminal without referring to any project. So just typ "qtcreator" in the terminal. Then, copy&paste all qtcreator output that appeared on the terminal here.

Also, did you remove these 2 extra lines in the dialog, as suggested in the posts above?

and that ediot popup appears too

Zugzwang
December 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
and that ediot popup appears too

And what about the second question that I asked?

shubham1
December 8th, 2011, 04:27 PM
actually yhte windows is not opening and that ediot popu is comming
reinstall

Zugzwang
December 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
actually yhte windows is not opening and that ediot popu is comming
reinstall

Is it possible that you named your executable "qtcreator"? Try to start qtcreator from "/tmp/". So open a terminal and type:

cd /tmp
qtcreator

If the error still persists, please tell us how large the file "/usr/bin/qtcreator" is on your system and which Ubuntu version you are using.

shubham1
December 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Timeout running '/home/shubham/testqt/2dpainting/2dpainting' (30000ms).
Timeout running '/home/shubham/testqt/2dpainting/2dpainting' (30000ms).
Timeout running '/home/shubham/testqt/2dpainting/2dpainting'.
shubham@workspace:~$ cd /tmp
shubham@workspace:/tmp$ qtcreator

(qtcreator:27734): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(qtcreator:27734): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

Zugzwang
December 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
You forgot to answer the second question...

Anyway, my best bet is that you should try to get rid of your QTCreator settings. Unfortunately, where they are depends on your concrete QTCreator version. See, for example, here (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2.2/creator-faq.html).

shubham1
December 9th, 2011, 05:10 AM
yes your second question get rid of your settings when i open windows its not opening and that ediot popup is comming so i cant should i go for a reinstall

shubham1
December 9th, 2011, 05:25 AM
i purged qt and then installed again it installed in a flash i dont know how then i opened the windows after much try and did what you said and that worked thanks :)