PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphic problem

Equnax
December 3rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hi all :). I have one problem. I install ubuntu from wubi. I have windows 7 64 bits and when i start ubuntu i can't see anything. There is a lot of static and far as i know i can move cursor and enter password but i cant see anything, like icons, applications nothing :P only some pixels(spots on screen). I just installed ubuntu 11.10 the newer version. So can some one help me?

i have:
Windows 7 64 bits
ATI RADEON HD 6570 1 GB/DDR3
4 GB of RAM
INTEL E5200 2.5 GHz dual core

I installed ubuntu on separate partition. Thanks in advance.

oldtimer7777
December 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Have you tried just using a Live Flash Drive of Ubuntu 11.10 to boot from?

You need a Flash Thumb Drive / Flash Drive to copy the Ubuntu iso file onto.

Here are instructions on how to download and install Ubuntu on a USB Flash Drive:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

See if you can get your computer to work with the USB Flash Drive of Live Ubuntu 11.10 first, and see if your hardware is completely supported. Resize your partition with the installer to shrink Windows down to a smaller size so you can install Ubuntu on your HDD and do a side-by-side installation of Ubuntu. The installer does everything for you, but it will prompt you which way you want to go with it. Don't use Wubi because I have found it to be more problematic sometimes then doing a normal regular installation from a USB Live Stick of Ubuntu 11.10. You will simply need to boot your computer from that USB Flash Stick of Ubuntu you created, and you will be ready to rock and roll.

:guitar:

Hi all :). I have one problem. I install ubuntu from wubi. I have windows 7 64 bits and when i start ubuntu i can't see anything. There is a lot of static and far as i know i can move cursor and enter password but i cant see anything, like icons, applications nothing :P only some pixels(spots on screen). I just installed ubuntu 11.10 the newer version. So can some one help me?

i have:
Windows 7 64 bits
ATI RADEON HD 6570 1 GB/DDR3
4 GB of RAM
INTEL E5200 2.5 GHz dual core

I installed ubuntu on separate partition. Thanks in advance.

Equnax
December 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Ok I'll try it :). Thanks for posting :D

Equnax
December 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Have you tried just using a Live Flash Drive of Ubuntu 11.10 to boot from?

You need a Flash Thumb Drive / Flash Drive to copy the Ubuntu iso file onto.

Here are instructions on how to download and install Ubuntu on a USB Flash Drive:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

See if you can get your computer to work with the USB Flash Drive of Live Ubuntu 11.10 first, and see if your hardware is completely supported. Resize your partition with the installer to shrink Windows down to a smaller size so you can install Ubuntu on your HDD and do a side-by-side installation of Ubuntu. The installer does everything for you, but it will prompt you which way you want to go with it. Don't use Wubi because I have found it to be more problematic sometimes then doing a normal regular installation from a USB Live Stick of Ubuntu 11.10. You will simply need to boot your computer from that USB Flash Stick of Ubuntu you created, and you will be ready to rock and roll.

:guitar:

I downloaded ubuntu and i burn it to disc, but it's same thing :(. There is that static and i dont see anything. I just saw Ubuntu logo and after that nothing...

Mr.kus
December 4th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hi. I have similiar problem. I have graphics card (from Asus) with same chipset (HD 6570) as op. When I booted from Live Flash Drive (Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit) graphics were fine, but after installing and booting from hd the screen is complete mess and flickers. I let the installer to check and install updates from net during the installation process.

Other specs:

Processor: Intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 (which is able to use processors integrated graphics. I just don't have hdmi cable at hand to try if that works.)
RAM 16 gigs Kingston HyperX 1600

I also have Win7 64 bit installed on other hd.

Thanks in advance.

Equnax
December 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I cant even install it :P. First i see Ubuntu logo and after a couple seconds the noise(static) is worse and worse... My windows 7 and windows 8 developer preview works fine so graphic card isn't a problem. Is that some bug in ubuntu or something?