PDA

View Full Version : Chat room Forum?

creator101
December 2nd, 2011, 02:11 AM
Hello Everybody!!!

I have an experiment: enough people view and post on the same thread continuously so that it becomes a sort of chat room! It's a good way to get a lot of beans!

:lolflag:

grahammechanical
December 2nd, 2011, 02:14 AM
But not when you post in the Community Cafe, or so I understand.

Regards.

oldos2er
December 2nd, 2011, 02:32 AM
But not when you post in the Community Cafe, or so I understand.

Regards.

Correct. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560

Best way to gain beans is to help out in the support forums.

F.G.
December 2nd, 2011, 02:35 AM
indeed.

Redblade20XX
December 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
Might draw action from the forums although a chat box might be nice (although it might also do the same :confused:).

- Red

doorknob60
December 2nd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Maybe you should check out the #ubuntuforums IRC channel on Freenode (or any other IRC channel really) :P

kio_http
December 2nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
The community cafe does not give beans. Also you can chat on #ubuntu-offtopic on freenode. That is more like real chat.

Some forums have a chatbox on the front page, maybe suggest that in the feedback?

forrestcupp
December 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
But going to IRC or having a chatbox wouldn't increase your bean count. :)

Just because he posted the idea in the Cafe doesn't mean he meant for the experiment to be in the Cafe. I suspect a thread like that in a support area would probably be locked pretty quickly, though, and maybe some infractions given out. I don't know for sure, though, so give it a try if you want. ;)

Elfy
December 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't ... ;)

OrangeCrate
December 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Great idea - won't work here for reasons already mentioned - but, was done before...

A long while back ubuntu-geek (I think), and a couple of others, including Matthew, set up a new set of forums called "Join Discussion". Many from here moved over to there to "discuss/fight/comment" about various topics, including a big games area. After the mods and admins from here quit going over there, and the forums were sold, the "Join Discussion" site died off quickly, though several of us attempted to save it.