PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Trying to make an xubuntu live usb, but getting errors with broken superblock.

LJF1
December 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
I recently bought a 32GB MicroSD card to make into an Xubuntu 11.10 64-bit live boot usb.
Since the persistance file would be limited to 4GB I followed some intructions to make a new partition called "casper-rw". I tried ext3 and ext4 and got problems with superblocks, and it wouldn't boot. Now I try with ext2 and while it doesn't have the same errors showing in GParted, it also won't load due to a broken superblock.
I'm got some experience with xubuntu gathered over the last 8 months but I honestly don't really know how to fix this.
Obviously you'll need more info, if you tell me what commands to run, I can paste the output here.

LJF1
December 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Could anyone help me?
I'm sure the problem lies with the MicroSD card.
I've been using Universal USB Installer and Unetbootin (to make sure it wasn't the program, which I was sure it wasn't as I've used them a fair few times without fault), and Gparted to access and change the partitions (from a live USB I always keep around).

LJF1
December 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Bump.