PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GlobalMenu Bar / GLX-Dock(Cairo with open GL)

John34
November 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Hello,

My laptop is using Linux-Ubuntu 11.10, Recently, out of the Ubuntu Software center, I installed GLX-Dock(Cairo-Dock with open GL). Everything about the Dock seems OK. The Dock is placed on the bottom of the screen. Applications can be activated and closed and so far everything is fine. However, since this installation there is one big problem.

On the top of the screen there shout be the Global Menu Bar but that is missing. Because of that several icons, such as the one for Internet connection, are not available.

My question is, has anyone experience with this subject and is there a way to get that Menu Bar back on the screen?
Best greetings,

Medard

mike1947
April 1st, 2012, 03:16 AM
The new cairo dock has both beautiful graphics and is self scaling. Some of the applets like weblets, google, and web search don't appear to always work certainly not on my platforms with 3.0.0.0 but the rest is beautiful. However there is a nasty problem for the slightly careless. Global menu which gives direct control of an app to the dock i.e. minimize maximize, close in its focus steals the windows menu by default making some windows useless. (Lyx, rkward). However when it simply steals the decoration, not the menu it works perfectly and is a nice additon:lolflag: