PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited about Elementary pantheon?

Dustintendo
November 30th, 2011, 02:56 PM
im eagerly awaiting it in elementary luna. it almost looks like unity dont right, and it seems very lightweight and fast on the videos ive seen. id probably change the dock out for a lxpanel or something just because i prefer taskbars to docks, but thats a small change

Linuxratty
November 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I'm keeping an eye on it...Looks interesting.

Docaltmed
November 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Your post got me interested. But what I ended up doing was downloading the Elementary theme for Gnome Shell. Now I'm happy.

Copper Bezel
November 30th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I used the PPA version of Wingpanel and Slingshot on 10.10 for a while, though I kept using DockBarX in place of Plank. It doesn't do anything special, but it's lighter-weight and more modular than Unity or Shell and looks (not works, but looks) just as modern. I can't help thinking it would be a nice complement to an XFCE / Compiz setup.

Linuxratty
November 30th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I can't help thinking it would be a nice complement to an XFCE / Compiz setup.

Agreed,but I did not know you could Compiz and E together.

Copper Bezel
December 1st, 2011, 12:32 AM
If it's the same modular system it was under 10.10, then yeah, there's no problem. The set runs under anything that supports compositing.

BigCityCat
December 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM
Your post got me interested. But what I ended up doing was downloading the Elementary theme for Gnome Shell. Now I'm happy.

Yeh I modified that theme and improved the panel. I also resized the icons with the dash open.