PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu alongside OSX

whitelinux
November 30th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I want to install ubuntu alongside OSX but I am not having much luck.

First of all I installed refit.

Then I partitioned my main hard drive to give 100gb of space for ubuntu and installed ubuntu on it and when it went to install the boot loader it failed and when I rebooted and chose load linux from the refit boot screen it says "No disk press and key to load media" or something to that effect.

I reinstalled linux and did not get the boot loader error this time and still after installation I get the same error.

Any ideas? I am also not sure which device to install the boot loader on when I am asked.

Many thanks

raja.genupula
November 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
1...use grub recovery in my signature
2...post the output of bootinfoscript , its also in my signature

OrangeCrate
November 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Hi,

I want to install ubuntu alongside OSX but I am not having much luck.

First of all I installed refit.

Then I partitioned my main hard drive to give 100gb of space for ubuntu and installed ubuntu on it and when it went to install the boot loader it failed and when I rebooted and chose load linux from the refit boot screen it says "No disk press and key to load media" or something to that effect.

I reinstalled linux and did not get the boot loader error this time and still after installation I get the same error.

Any ideas? I am also not sure which device to install the boot loader on when I am asked.

Many thanks

This might help:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Oneiric#Dual-Booting_Mac_OS_X_and_Ubuntu