PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I removed unity. How do I reinstall it...getting error

pretty_whistle
November 30th, 2011, 04:37 AM
I had removed unity but am now trying to reinstall it and I get this window:

http://i44.tinypic.com/fo3uyu.png

How do I fix this?

I have Ubuntu 11.04 btw.

OrangeCrate
November 30th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Though someone might come along with some magic dust that will help you through this, on fourth and long, the best strategy is probably to punt. Frankly, if it were me, I'd back up my important files and probably do a fresh install of the operating system.

pretty_whistle
November 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Though someone might come along with some magic dust that will help you through this, on fourth and long, the best strategy is probably to punt. Frankly, if it were me, I'd back up my important files and probably do a fresh install of the operating system.
A fresh install? Kinda hoping not to have to because I'd have to reinstall the programs as well.

Hoping for a fix still....

OrangeCrate
November 30th, 2011, 04:47 AM
A fresh install? Kinda hoping not to have to because I'd have to reinstall the programs as well.

Hoping for a fix still....

Well, be patient, hopefully, someone will come along. I wish I could help you further, but, alas...

bluexrider
November 30th, 2011, 04:47 AM
did you use "apt-get remove" to un-install it or did you use the software center.

You may have to add the proper ppa back in your software sources.

I can't tell you the best way around this one. Likely have to re-install Ubuntu.

pretty_whistle
November 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Update:

A clean install is all that would cure this as you all said so I did that and upgraded to 11.10 while I was at it.

That fixed it...the hard way. :)