PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why does my window border disappeared?

yangzhyo
November 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM
When I use keyboard shortcut Alt+Space+X to maximize window, the window border always disappeared, and I can't handle it. So what's going on? How can I fix it? My Ubuntu version is 11.10. Thanks!

BC59
November 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Maybe you have to reset compiz:

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz-1 && gconftool-2 --type=list --list-type=string --set /apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins [core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,compiztoolb ox,decor,grid,move,resize,mousepoll,regex,snap,gno mecompat,place,imgpng,vpswitch,animation,wall,work arounds,fade,session,expo,ezoom,unityshell] && compiz --replace & disown

May still have no window borders and you need to run this command again

compiz --replace & disown

yangzhyo
November 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for your help.
I removed Compiz yesterday. Maybe it causes my trouble.
Is the latest version of Compize supported by Ubuntu 10.10?

BC59
November 29th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Is the latest version of Compize supported by Ubuntu 10.10?
Usually nobody looks back, everybody tries to fix the bugs on the latest versions.

yangzhyo
November 30th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I find the truth is system set keyboard shortcut 'Alt+Space' the meaning of 'Activate the window menu', so every time I used 'Alt+Space' combination will cause the window border problem. I can't understand why? What's the correct action should be when 'Activate the window menu'?

BC59
November 30th, 2011, 09:52 AM
A very good documentation about keyboard shortcuts is here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/what-are-unitys-keyboard-and-mouse-shortcuts