PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Panel disappear after enabling Compiz

new123
November 29th, 2011, 12:02 AM
[11.10] Whenever I enable Compiz, my panel just disappear and when I change some of settings, even the window border disappear.
I have worked with Compiz with no such problem b4 I formated and reinstalled Lubuntu, but now I don't know why not work, I tryied with making Compiz settings all default, nothing changed. :rolleyes:

Lastguest
November 29th, 2011, 12:16 AM
i had the same issue but being a noob i re installed ubuntu and up to now i have only used compiz to reduce the size of the side menu with no ill effects but before when i unticked the wall it went txts up

i als tried the terminal to reset to no avail. hope u get sorted

new123
November 29th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I fix it only if I set Compiz as my default Window manager:
edit /home/yourusername/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/desktop.conf and set the window manager to compiz:

[Session]
window_manager=compizWhen I reboot, it loads automaticaly and I enabled Wobbly Windows, 3dCube etc. and it works with no problem..

joelorenzo
November 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM
i have the same sort of issue with ubuntu 11.10. still trying to work it out, but yes, i also was using compiz when my app launcher failed. now i dont know what to do :|

jimav
December 1st, 2011, 02:20 AM
Killing & restaring lxpanel seems to make the panel re-appear.

Sounds like a race condition somewhere...

joelorenzo
December 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM

i am a total noob. how does one go about doing what you suggested?

new123
December 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM

This works, thanks :)

new123
December 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
i am a total noob. how does one go about doing what you suggested?
To kill it (in Lubuntu), go LXTerminal -> lxtask -> find lxpanel -> Right click -> Kill, then, (in LXTerminal) type lxpanel to re-start the panel and it will appear, I just tested it, works fine.

Edit: After typing 'lxpanel' in terminal, maybe it will load some different panel (a bit ugly lol) and for sure, if you customised ur panel before, ur customs will not be loaded so, instead of only typing 'lxpanel', type 'lxpanel --profile Lubuntu'.