PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No icons on Desktop - Oneiric

albertoguevara
November 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with an issue for a week now. My unity desktop is completely empty, no folder, computer, network nor trash icons are shown. I remember the last thing I did was trying to put the Home Folder on the desktop using dconf Editor. I have set everything in dconf editor to deafult but nothing happens. I have checked my "Desktop" folder in Home and it has all the icons that were there before.

Any idea on what could be happening?

Thanks.
Alberto.

JazzPotato
November 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Could you try right clicking on the desktop and clicking create new folder? By default there is nothing in the desktop folder when you install

albertoguevara
November 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Nope, I tried right clicking the desktop and I didn't get the menu to create a folder or anything else, is like it's locked or something like that.

Frogs Hair
November 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Install the Gnome Tweak Tool / Advanced Settings if not installed . Under desktop you will find some of the options you are looking for .

albertoguevara
November 27th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Install the Gnome Tweak Tool / Advanced Settings if not installed . Under desktop you will find some of the options you are looking for .

This solved the problem, the "Have file manager to manage the desktop" was disabled, I just enabled it and all the icons appeared.

Thanks!.