PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Adobe flash installation - "Unknow channel natty-partner"

robajz
November 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I've noticed recently, the flash player did not work anymore with youtube. It seems they require a newer version. Mine is Natty 64bit kubuntu. Trying the clicky way through the browser on the adobe website got me to the "Unknown channel natty-partner". Here's how I fixed it:

Make sure you have the Partner repositories enabled.
Uninstall flashplugin-installer
Install adobe-flashplugin

hth, gd, rob.

soulspit
January 17th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome, I had the exact same issue and ended up at Adobe's unhelpful page. I saw a bunch of other more complicated and unsuccessful solutions before finding this. Thanks for posting it!

Edit:
Actually, that didn't work for me, I was mistaken. I ended up having to download the .tar.gz source from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/, extract libflashplayer.so from it, and replace my old copies of libflashplayer.so with the new one. Found where the old plugin was stored with

locate libflashplayer.so
and for me it was /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/ and /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ . Put the new libflashplayer.so in those directories and all was good. I'm on Natty Kubuntu.