PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird Resolution / Display Issue

goob2
November 26th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Okay, I have read... well, a LOT of information and nothing seems to cover my issue. My resolution seems to be fine with regard to the 11.04 GUI, but within application windows, and my desktop background, everything seems to be so large as to show either a quarter of the size, or only use one quarter of the application window. Please see image below:

http://markcloyd.com/res_issue.jpg

I will admit that I will need help in finding information to provide as far as type of graphics card, I do know it an Intel.

Any help will be appreciated, just upgraded from 10.04LTS to 11.04. I was curious to see the new OS... *SIGH*

Thanks in advance for your help.

bluexrider
November 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Do you have Compiz enabled? Did you change any of the settings there?

goob2
November 26th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Not sure if it's enabled and I am having some trouble navigating, even with the arrow and tab keys, the resolution is so large that I can hardly see what's selected and some items don't show as selected, I have to count my, keystrokes to get to some items.

goob2
November 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Something else I've noticed, if I mouse over where things are SUPPOSED to be, I get the title tags for them.

It's like the only thing that is wrong is the display, the actual location of things, although I can't see them, are correct on the screen... make sense?

bluexrider
November 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Did you accidentally enable Assistive Technologies?

goob2
November 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
No, I checked that, nothing there checked.

bluexrider
November 26th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Prepare the box for backup, move any files you might want to save. The newer drivers or kernel may have effected the video card in some manner. Don't know. However, whatever is the next move I would be sure to back-up your home folder.

You may just be facing a *buntu reload.

goob2
November 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
*GASP*, I was hoping that nobody but me might think that...

Don't think there is another solution eh?