PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I Need ubuntu 11.04 and i want over 30gb by usb HELP!

animefreak873
November 25th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Hi...i usually install ubuntu using wubi but wubi has a 30gb hard drive limit so im doing it by usb,i have all the materials a 8gb usb and the universal usb software thing but now i need is the iso and i cant find that iso the 11.04.I HATE 11.10 its like the vista of ubuntu...please.Also i have no idea how to set it up by usb i mean dual boot what do i press and how do i set it to have a specific size.PLEASE HELP!! I MISS UBUNTU!!

darkod
November 26th, 2011, 12:04 AM
All the 11.04 images are here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/

Just select which one do you need exactly.

Are you trying to install onto a usb hdd or usb stick?

animefreak873
November 26th, 2011, 12:17 AM
All the 11.04 images are here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/

Just select which one do you need exactly.

Are you trying to install onto a usb hdd or usb stick?

ok but after that how do i set it up to run with windows?

darkod
November 26th, 2011, 12:22 AM
You need to be more specific than that. To run with windows how? As dual boot installed on the same internal hdd with windows?

As dual boot you can allocate as much space as you want to it. Of course, that also depends how much free space do you have on your hdd.

animefreak873
November 26th, 2011, 01:09 AM
You need to be more specific than that. To run with windows how? As dual boot installed on the same internal hdd with windows?

As dual boot you can allocate as much space as you want to it. Of course, that also depends how much free space do you have on your hdd.

i have a 200gb harddrive and when i use my usb to boot into 11.04 it any i press enter for install to harddrive it doesnot go through it gives me a beep sound and when i try to a older version like 10.10 it goes through but my internet doent work in it.Now im trying to find wubi for 11.04.PLEASE HELP!!

MG&TL
November 26th, 2011, 01:15 AM
i have a 200gb harddrive and when i use my usb to boot into 11.04 it any i press enter for install to harddrive it doesnot go through it gives me a beep sound and when i try to a older version like 10.10 it goes through but my internet doent work in it.Now im trying to find wubi for 11.04.PLEASE HELP!!

...calm down. ;)

Download the iso you want, then extract it. I expect there is a 'extract here' option in windows explorer. There should be a folder, and in there, wubi.exe. :)