PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus EEE PC 1015PX Network failure

jakslev
November 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu on my Asus EEE PC 1015PX netbook.
However, it doesn't have a CD-ROM drive, so I have to use either the USB-install or the WUBI.

For some reason I am unable to get it to boot from the USB stick (even after entering BIOS and telling it to use "removable" as boot option 1.

I therefore used the WUBI to install first the 11.10 version and when that didn't work I tried the 10.10 version.

Neither of them works correctly :(

The problem is that it doesn't connect to the internet/network. I am able to see my wi-fi, but when I click it and types in my password, it doesn't connect.

I also tried connecting the cable and it didn't work :(

Rex Bouwense
November 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I too have an ASUS EeePC and they will boot off of a USB flash drive. The flash drive is recognized as another hard drive. Check your BIOS and ensure that the flash drive is ahead of your hard drive and you will be good to go.

EveyCurls
November 26th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I too have an ASUS EeePC and they will boot off of a USB flash drive. The flash drive is recognized as another hard drive. Check your BIOS and ensure that the flash drive is ahead of your hard drive and you will be good to go.

+1. This is what I did for my Asus EeePC 1005HA (netbook, no CD drive), and it worked fine.