PDA

View Full Version : Kudos & Oh, NOs!

ken0069
November 25th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I've had a fair amount of problems in the past getting my N13 USB wireless draft N network adapters working and even after I got them up and running, they only connected at 54G. I finally got tired of messing with them and just connected the gigabit cable back to them.

I also have a USB Date Card for my primary internet connection that is normally used in my MBR1000 Cradlepoint router but the other day I thought I'd see how or if that thing would work with ubuntu. I was surprised at how easy it was to get that connection going as it was very few mouse clicks and even less typing and it worked fine. No driver install or anything like that and it it was up in less than a couple of minutes from when I started. And this was on ubuntu v10.10. So great job guys on the data card support!

Now the Oh, NOs. I STILL hate the new desktop on v11 and won't upgrade. I loaded that on a Dell 4600 "mule box" the other day and it keeps on crashing and rebooting. In fact, I downloaded Suse 12.1 with Gnome and will play with that to see if I can make grub behave in my multiboot computer like it does with ubuntu's grub. Tried Mepis already and the boot loader on that was a nightmare so that one is out!