PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Changing from Mint back to ubuntu

Borg
November 25th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Dual boot set up with Win 7 and Mint, don't get on with Mint and want to replace it with Ubuntu again. Is it just a case of running the Ubuntu set up and installing in the same partitions I've set up for Mint, after formatting them, or will this not work with Grub ?

fantab
November 25th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Dual boot set up with Win 7 and Mint, don't get on with Mint and want to replace it with Ubuntu again. Is it just a case of running the Ubuntu set up and installing in the same partitions I've set up for Mint, after formatting them, or will this not work with Grub ?

When you've booted with Ubuntu LiveCD go to Disk-Utility and format Mint Partitions, you don't, however need to format SWAP. Reinstall Ubuntu as you normally do. There won't be any issues with Grub.

You are good to go.

Welcome Back!

Borg
November 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Sweet thanks :)

BFVSFOREVER
December 11th, 2012, 03:32 AM
thinking of changing to Ubuntu from mint 14, what do I need to do??? will I lose my files and bookmarks and other stuff?

overdrank
December 11th, 2012, 03:35 AM
From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
Thread closed.