PDA

View Full Version : Threads suspention

jmwalloh
November 24th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi, How do you suspend one thread for the other to do it's work if two threads (T1 & T2)T1 is a lower priority thread and T2 is a higher priority thread in java. T1 prints "hello" inside a loop 5 time after sleeping for 3 secs while T2 prints "world" once after 7 secs.
E.g

for(int i=0; i<4; i++){
Thread t1 = new Thread();
t1.sleep(3000);
System.out.print("Hello");
}
T2 is supposed to interrupt T1 after 7 sec to print "world"

ofnuts
November 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hi, How do you suspend one thread for the other to do it's work if two threads (T1 & T2)T1 is a lower priority thread and T2 is a higher priority thread in java. T1 prints "hello" inside a loop 5 time after sleeping for 3 secs while T2 prints "world" once after 7 secs.
E.g

for(int i=0; i<4; i++){
Thread t1 = new Thread();
t1.sleep(3000);
System.out.print("Hello");
}

T2 is supposed to interrupt T1 after 7 sec to print "world"Your code has no meaning. Thread t1 is never started... Thread.sleep() is a static method, ie, if some code in a thread calls it, that very thread goes to sleep. If you ever implement that correctly, ie, start two threads, and the code for one thread sleeps 3 secs and prints "Hello" 5 times, while the code of the other sleeps for 7s before printing "word", the first thread will be ended before the second wakes up, whatever the priorities you assign to them.