PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Manager icon in Launcher

canadianwriterman
November 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM
A couple of issues with the Launcher...

1. When the Update Manager icon appears on the Launcher (indicating updates are available), clicking on it does nothing. I have to select the entry for updates available from the "gear" icon dropdown in the upper right corner. Does anyone know if that's normal? Seems awkward. Happens on my netbook, laptop and desktop all running 11.10.

2. Also, when right clicking on an icon in the Launcher (to empty trash or to uncheck keep in launcher, for example) sometimes what I want to select on the resulting menu will not select. I sometimes have to right click and try to select the menu entry a few times before it will select.

Not sure if I explained those clearly enough.

Steeperton
November 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I can't give any advice on how to fix, all I can do is "me too" (for both), so you know it's not just your machine playing up!

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help...

antimoni
December 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Same problem here... it is not big one, but annoying.
Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit desktop.

jelofson
December 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Same. Should check for an existing bug or file a new one.

michael.j.daniel
January 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Same here. My computer is regularly under attack. I wonder if this could be an indication of a successful attack. Should we log a bug with Ubuntu?

Bobhuber
January 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM
A couple of issues with the Launcher...

1. When the Update Manager icon appears on the Launcher (indicating updates are available), clicking on it does nothing. I have to select the entry for updates available from the "gear" icon dropdown in the upper right corner. Does anyone know if that's normal? Seems awkward. Happens on my netbook, laptop and desktop all running 11.10.

2. Also, when right clicking on an icon in the Launcher (to empty trash or to uncheck keep in launcher, for example) sometimes what I want to select on the resulting menu will not select. I sometimes have to right click and try to select the menu entry a few times before it will select.

Not sure if I explained those clearly enough.
The right click on icon problem is directly related to compiz (at least for me). I disabled the compiz cube and solved a lot of problems.

MoebusNet
February 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
+1

I hope 12.04 gets these minor issues ironed out <fingers crossed>

John Coulthard
April 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I agree - I have the same problem, but just on my desktop (note on my netbook).