PDA

View Full Version : Travel tour or Laptop

anna2112
November 24th, 2011, 07:15 AM
What would I give to my husband this coming Xmas ?
He wants a laptop, i think so... but I prefer to give a travel tour for us to have a Xmas trip and have time for ourself...

wolfen69
November 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Human interaction is overrated, I vote laptop.

BC59
November 24th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Strange question to a geek forum. It smell suspicious....

anna2112
November 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM
What is too suspicious about it ?? just wanna ask..just to make a difference...some threads ask what is your favorite tea ?? is that suspicious also ...

lisati
November 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM
A happy husband can be a good thing.

bigseb
November 24th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'd rather go travelling. Going on a 12 day trip through the Karoo with my wife and kids in early January.

stinkeye
November 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
A laptop with google earth installed. :)

Jabra91
November 24th, 2011, 03:32 PM
it depends on ... where do you wanna go or which laptop would you buy?

LowSky
November 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Best time to buy a new laptop is late January through early April. Its when the older models go on a sale, and the newer stuff is just being released, usually on sale too. It confuses people who know little about model numbers and gets them to move older stuff for just slightly less than the newer model.

On the flip side a trip isn't that personal. It something people do as a group, giving him a trip as a gift means it's really a gift for you too. Unless it is something a person really wants to do but keeps putting off its a gift that says, "I want to do this and so should you." Trips should be something both parties invest in.

drawkcab
November 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you should definitely ask him.

mips
November 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
What would I give to my husband this coming Xmas ?
He wants a laptop, i think so... but I prefer to give a travel tour for us to have a Xmas trip and have time for ourself...

The bolded part.

Memories are forever, laptops die.

This is me but I would much rather go away for a weekend with a SO, have some fun, laughs & sexy time than a piece of machinery :biggrin:

cguy
November 24th, 2011, 10:56 PM
have some fun, laughs & sexy time :biggrin:

Get him a laptop for all these! :D
Kidding :)

Just ask him; presents are not necessarily surprises.

lisati
November 24th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Just a thought: is there a way of doing both, possibly with doing something unrelated to either while organising it?

haqking
November 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Get yourselves both a laptop, you go on holiday somewhere warm and you can both skype ;-)

forrestcupp
November 25th, 2011, 01:04 AM
but I prefer to give a travel tour for us to have a Xmas trip and have time for ourself...
The problem is that it's a gift for him, not you. I would rather go on a trip, too, but you should give him what he wants, not what you want. If you think he would really love a trip, too, then go with it. If you wonder what he would think about it, go with the laptop.

But you could just get another credit card and do both. :)

Or strongly hint that you want him to get you a trip for your Christmas gift. ;)