PDA

View Full Version : Best Career

anna2112
November 24th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Just wanna ask what is the best Career nowadays ??and y ?
My cousin ask me this question..of course I will say Accountancy but I would be biased..
so I will just ask you guys...
Pls help my cousin with these...thanks in advance

click4851
November 24th, 2011, 06:58 AM
how does the saying go....."do something you love, and never WORK another day of your life". I always thought that was good advice.

undecim
November 24th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Custodian

Mikeb85
November 24th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Anything you enjoy, and can provide for your needs.

asifnaz
November 24th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Burglary :)

clanky
November 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM
There is no "best career", there is only the career that you find most rewarding, I love my job, but it would be a nightmare for some.

As for doing something you love, be careful, I know a few people who went into careers doing something which was a real joy for them as a hobby and not only hated it, but ended up spoiling their hobby as well.

I think the most important thing is to go into whatever you do with your eyes wide open, I see a lot of young people coming to sea as junior officers expecting some kind of laid back life travelling the world and visiting exotic places, when reality hits and they are cleaning out a sewage tank or up to their eyeballs in black goo repairing a fuel leak they are usually a bit shocked.

JDShu
November 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Some links that might help your cousin:

http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnzPHtf9u4

The central theme being, it's time for your cousin to examine his life.

drawkcab
November 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
The helping professions are the most rewarding, but sometimes the most difficult and thankless.

Dangertux
November 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Not sure what it is , but it wasn't the military lol. (personal opinion warning)

SavageWolf
November 25th, 2011, 12:06 AM
If you are good at something there is a strong chance you have the motivation to improve, and climb up the "corporate ladder". And having a high position will most likely earn you more money than a more "profitable" job at a low level...

But anyway, there is no "best job" really, everyone has their own skills and such, and are good at different things. Do what you want, not what you have to, etc..

IWantFroyo
November 25th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Follow your dreams. There really is no "best career."

Just remember to, as clanky said, make sure you know what you're getting into.

forrestcupp
November 25th, 2011, 12:56 AM
The best career would probably be owning your own business driving one of those trucks with hoses that clean out people's septic systems. That's probably what I would do if I could do it over again.

Edit: If he wants to be rich, he needs to be a CEO.

Old_Grey_Wolf
November 25th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Just wanna ask what is the best Career nowadays ??and y ?
My cousin ask me this question..of course I will say Accountancy but I would be biased..
so I will just ask you guys...
Pls help my cousin with these...thanks in advance

You cousin's personality and preferences have a lot to do with what would be the best career.

Personally, I don't like to work with people; therefore, a career in sales would not be my choice. I like an engineering position where I sit in front of my computer and ignore the annoying people around me.

jjex22
November 25th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Used to be Blue Peter presenter, but for a while now it's been Top Gear presenter... failing that I guess you could just go with what others have said and try for something that both interests you and challenges :)

Homicide
November 25th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I'm in classes at the moment for my A+ and Network+

I love messing with computers. Fixing them? For other peoples' satisfaction? Ehhhhh, not so much. But it makes money and I like money.

3Miro
November 25th, 2011, 05:03 AM
A few years ago there was a study on this trying to account for things like salary and working conditions. Mathematicians came in on top. Things may have changed, so I would suggest you find more recent data.

The study naturally doesn't account for the personal factor. Even if it is the greatest job in the world, if you don't like the job, then you will suck at it and be miserable doing it.

forrestcupp
November 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I knew a guy whose brother was quality control for some DVD/video game company. His job was to watch movies and play video games that haven't been released yet. I'd say that's probably the best career in the world. :)

Swagman
November 25th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Whatever the "best Career" is you always have to go through the shi+ to get to the shine

And that's the right and proper way. It teaches you respect for the newbs as you progress up each step of the ladder. When you reach your ceiling then N0-One can say you got there the easy way and you have first hand experience of those lower levels.

FuturePilot
November 26th, 2011, 03:43 AM
how does the saying go....."do something you love, and never WORK another day of your life". I always thought that was good advice.

This this this.