PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Add MAC OSx after Ubuntu instalation

nick7076
November 22nd, 2011, 03:26 AM
I'm sure there is a simple way to do this but my googling has only shown up how to add Ubuntu to a mac or win machine, or to do the setup at first installation.

What I would like to do is, make my laptop dual boot with a choice at start-up. Either Ubuntu as it is now, or MAC. The machine was originally windows but I junked that when the original HD died. It has run Lucid for just over a year and I am very happy :)

Details as the machine is now.
Ubuntu 10.04
Kernal 2.6.32-35 generic
2Gb RAM
Intel core2 due @2GHz
232.88 GB HD with 120 free

sda1 ext4 227.13 GB Flagged as boot
sda2 extended 5.76 GB
sda5 linux-swap 5.76 Gb

I can't afford to lose the functionality of my computer (data is backed up) and I must admit to being a complete novice when it comes to the terminal, so any help needs to be idiot proof!

My question then, is how do I add the necessary partition(s) to install MAC OSx and have a prompt at start-up to choose between them?

Many thanks for any help.

coffeecat
November 22nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
From the forum Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy):

We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here.

From the Apple EULA:

you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You
agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Thread closed.