PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 Unity - Where is GUI to change Font Color on desktop

davethewave83
November 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
I can't find the GUI tool to change the desktop font color. I can't read anything on my desktop because the color is too faint :confused:

grahammechanical
November 22nd, 2011, 04:07 AM
If you go to System Settings>Appearence there is a menu with Wallpapers at the top and Colours and Gradients at the bottom. I have no idea what it does. It might be what you are looking for.

Regards.

LarsKongo
November 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Many themes uses a dark gray color for the font because the black is too sharp of a contrast and it hurts your eyes after a while. But this depends on many factors and may not be true for all.

First of all I would suggest that you reduce the screen brightness on your monitor. The bottom 3 steps in this image should be barely visible. All steps should be visible of course.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TAT-cjPugxo/TOmkdbVtRZI/AAAAAAAAAF8/r7LVM7BDT8E/s1600/grayscale.jpg

Otherwise if you don't feel like changing your monitor brightness and contrast you can locate the theme you are using and change the font color in the gtk.css file. The default theme should be located in /usr/share/themes/Ambience.
fg_color and text_color needs to be changed for the text.