PDA

View Full Version : My goal to reach 50 post

goofey24
November 21st, 2011, 01:54 PM
I have been a member since Jan. 2007 and I have not made many post.
I do know how to use the 'search' function and 'google' to find answers to most my problems, also my brother is an avid Linux user and assist me when I have caused a system crash/drama (it's great being a younger sister).
Any ways, my point being is that I can not edit my profile to change/update and it was suggested by a staff member that I make some informative post to get my post count up to 50 so I can access my profile. The only thing I can offer at this time would be some 'useless drivel' or ask a lot of stupid already answered questions.
Any suggestions? My profile states that I use Edgy which is long gone.
It's apparent I am not spam as I have been a member since 2007.

forrestcupp
November 21st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Just know that Cafe posts don't count. If you're into gaming at all, you could go to the gaming section because posts count there. Go over to the Absolute Beginner Talk section, and have a look around. There may be more conversations that you could participate in than you realize.

haqking
November 21st, 2011, 02:03 PM
I do know how to use the 'search' function and 'google' to find answers to most my problems, also my brother is an avid Linux user and assist me when I have caused a system crash/drama (it's great being a younger sister).
Any ways, my point being is that I can not edit my profile to change/update and it was suggested by a staff member that I make some informative post to get my post count up to 50 so I can access my profile. The only thing I can offer at this time would be some 'useless drivel' or ask a lot of stupid already answered questions.

If you have been using Ubuntu since 6.10 i am sure you can answer a few questions.

Find a question you can answer, or as you said you can use search and google then do that to find an answer.

Offer support as that is what this forum is all about.

Cheers

philinux
November 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM

And remember you get no beans in the Cafe. Try helping someone out in the main support forums or start a thread with a problem you have and need support with.
We can change your profile to show which version you are currently using.

grahammechanical
November 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
The good thing about this forum (I have found) is that you can guess! You just may guess rightly.

You have some experience in messing up your system. Did you not learn from those experiences? I know that I have learnt from the times I messed things up. Use your experience to pass on knowledge.

Pick a certain type of problem that you see some as having. Notice the suggestions that others give. Build up a collection of commands and directions that others use and use them yourself.

When people respond to a suggest to run a certain command and then post the results, I run the command on my system ans I compare my result with what the Original Poster got. I then try to identify the difference between my working system and the OP's faulty system. I just might spot something that could point the really knowledgeable ones among us in the right direction. You could try to do the same.

Try to make some kind of a post every day to gain confidence.

Regards. I shall look out for your posts goofey24.

whiskeylover
November 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Try not to game the system. Visit the "General Help" section. You'll find plenty of threads to reply to and increase your post count that way. You'll be in 3 digits in no time.

3Miro
November 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Go to the General Help section and remind people to put [Solved] in front of their threads. Many people would have their questions answered and then they forget to mark it properly. Just make sure that people have indeed had their questions answered.

Sendo Eevpix
November 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
Got no questions for you, just Hope We both can get 50 Posts soon. ^^ :)

forrestcupp
November 21st, 2011, 11:09 PM
This thread is evidence that the rule about editing profiles and 50 posts promotes excess crap in the help sections.

Jesus_Valdez
November 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM
This thread is evidence that the rule about editing profiles and 50 posts promotes excess crap in the help sections.
What options do you get with 50 posts?

anna2112
November 24th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Thats my goal to..let keep our fingers crossed !!!!:)

user1397
November 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
wow you need 50 posts to edit your profile? guess I missed that one..

sammiev
November 24th, 2011, 05:11 AM

Follow around the mods and agree with their post 50 times. :popcorn:

CryptAck
December 7th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I recently was able to surpass the 50 count and I joined (under this name) less than a month ago.

The easiest way is to help, or at least attempt to help, users. This will get your post count to 50 in no time.

goofey24
February 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM

Good one :D:)
I'm at 39 post, getting there slowly but surely :P

pixiq
February 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Good one :D:)
I'm at 39 post, getting there slowly but surely :P
How are you using your computer? What are you good at or interested in? For example, I'm interested in photo and video, how to edit and make nice presentations.

Maybe there is something that you'd like to learn more about: So start a new thread about that in a sub-forum for questions (not testimonial or café). After all, it is more important to learn about good tools or methods to do what is interesting than be able to edit your profile, but I agree, it would be nice to show off with a nice avatar ;-)

goofey24
February 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
How are you using your computer? What are you good at or interested in? After all, it is more important to learn about good tools or methods to do what is interesting than be able to edit your profile, but I agree, it would be nice to show off with a nice avatar ;-)
I mainly use my computer for just everyday average user use. I do like to play with different distros as well hence me not being here @ the forums for some time
Reason for wanting to get at my profile is to update as things have changed/outdated. :)

Iowan
February 4th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I
Reason for wanting to get at my profile is to update as things have changed/outdated. :)

We can change your profile to show which version you are currently using.
What would you like changed?
(Aside from the 50-post requirement ;) )

jerrrys
February 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM

Thats the best one yet, lol

sammiev
February 4th, 2012, 05:27 AM
thats the best one yet, lol

):p