PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ICON'S Appearance

aishsarathy
November 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hi ,

Under the default Ubuntu theme in Ubuntu 11.04, even the transparent Icons appear with a white background.

Is it because the theme is black and I use a black icon?

Sonsum
November 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
Hi ,

Under the default Ubuntu theme in Ubuntu 11.04, even the transparent Icons appear with a white background.

Is it because the theme is black and I use a black icon?

I'm not sure what your problem could be, but there is a newer version of Ubuntu available. You could try updating to 11.10 and see if that fixes your problem.

Copper Bezel
November 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
How do you mean "background" here? Does the icon appear in a white square, or does it simply have a white outline or "halo" of some sort?

aishsarathy
November 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
Exactly!!
The icons appear inside a white square!!!I immediately need a way out

Copper Bezel
November 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I don't honestly know. That's really, really weird, particularly if you're using the default icon set. Those image files have transparency, and they're rendered that way by the GTK applications, including the panel. If they're not displaying with transparency, I'd guess that there was something missing or damaged in the libraries, but that's still really, really weird.

Have you tried creating a separate user account and seeing if the same problem happens there?

aishsarathy
November 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
The default tray icons are proper with the transparency retained.
This is the case with the my application which sets a transparent icon on the tray.
My application's icon comes within a white square.