PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Bars

SLwatkins
November 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Dear Anyone,

I have 2 problems. I upgraded to the new 11.10 and am now being driven insane by the new widgets for text editors, and file browsers, etc...Gnome desktop...

Does anyone know how to get the scroll bars on the right hand side of things to revert back to the older style (where the pointers are for the specified widgets and the names say of the older widget styles, or line numbers at least in the code, and file names)? I'm sick of spending ten minutes to try and get the mouse pointer to grab the scroll down bar which appears and disappears constantly as you hover over it. This is especially annoying if you say, like my self, have to scroll through 30 100 MB text files (logs) to find things.

My other question is does anyone know why the new version has such a latent period for loging in, or how to add in 64 bit support for an i7 build currenttly in 32 bits. I have tried the 64 bit for AMD and it works with some bugs, but I have the additional problem of if I install one or the other, I have to do it as a complete installation and it wipes out the old one, but can find nothing that allows cross build installations without completly re-installing everything.

Basically a number of the 64 bit apps and things run better in 64 bit obviously, while others do not, but I wanted to have a hybrid...although this may be a pipe dream. Mostly web pages or pointers would be appreciated.

sincerely,

Stephan Lloyd Watkins

Frogs Hair
November 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
There is a section on scrollbars at the link for those who don't like the new overlay scrollbars . http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.