PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual-boot problem

xbotx
November 18th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have install ubuntu v.11.10. i cant run the windows 7 os when i select it. blanks screen for a second then its appears again the boot menu. :(

fantab
November 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I have install ubuntu v.11.10. i cant run the windows 7 os when i select it. blanks screen for a second then its appears again the boot menu. :(

Welcome!

Could you tell us how you installed Ubuntu 11.10? Did you use Wubi or LiveCD to install it?

See this Link (http://opensource-sidh.blogspot.com/2011/10/install-ubuntu-1110-and-windows-dual.html).

Rubi1200
November 18th, 2011, 06:11 PM
As fantab already asked, we need to know how you installed Ubuntu.

Additionally, we need the results of the boot info script to help us diagnose the issue.

There is a link at the bottom of my post with instructions.

xbotx
November 19th, 2011, 05:43 AM
sory im really noob about this.
im using usb stick. and im just follow the instruction in ubuntu website. i cant understand about 'how to use the boot info script'.
sory. please help.

fantab
November 19th, 2011, 06:07 AM
sory im really noob about this.
im using usb stick. and im just follow the instruction in ubuntu website. i cant understand about 'how to use the boot info script'.
sory. please help.

To use boot info script see this link (http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/).

During installation which following option did you choose to install Ubuntu on your hard disk:

Install Ubuntu alongside them
Erase disk and install Ubuntu
Something else

xbotx
November 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
install ubuntu along win 7.
at grub its appear window 7(loaded) but when i click it it dont run to. just appear blank screen then appear again that menu.

Rubi1200
November 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM
To help you figure this out we need the results of the script I mentioned.

Boot the computer with the USB and choose to try Ubuntu not install it.

Then open a terminal with Ctrl+Alt+T and follow the instructions to run the script.

You can then post it here in a new post and we will take a look at it and hopefully give you the solution.