PDA

View Full Version : Is there an app to sniff and greet Ubuntu users

frncz
November 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
It could be fun to meet Ubuntu users in a wifi area if Ubuntu users could broadcast their presence. Is there such an application?

Mike

F.G.
November 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
i've never heard of one. it is possible though. the question remains, how many ubuntu users do you actually come across in a local cafe?

LowSky
November 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
i hate "checking in" the whole concept seems odd, just call your buddies and ask if they wanna meet up.

why not just walk into a place and just say, "I'm ________ and my computer runs Ubuntu!"

Then when everyone laughs you get your food and sit down, write your screenplay and then leave after mooching off 5 hours of free wifi.

F.G.
November 18th, 2011, 12:55 PM
@LowSky i quite agree

i wasn't going to say anything but as you have... it's kind of like going to an event with a name badge on, and shmoozing with randoms because you have some small thing in common (basically a nightmare). i also suspect that there is a substantial portion of ubuntuers who value their privacy extremely highly (not like those apple users).

LowSky
November 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM
(not like those apple users).

Very hard to be discrete when your laptop shines an apple shaped beacon too your audience...err fellow consumers.

coldraven
November 18th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I don't know of an app but if you hear screaming then it's a fair chance that someone is trying out Unity for the first time :)

LowSky
November 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I don't know of an app but if you hear screaming then it's a fair chance that someone is trying out Unity for the first time :)

the smell of Burnt Hair and the user stating all they taste is rubber bands.

:lolflag:

sffvba[e0rt
November 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
To say that this thread has gone way off topic would be an understatement...

Thread closed.