PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem with toolbar

abelito8
November 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I have upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 (I am on a acer Eee PC) and I am finding impossible to add any items to the toolbar or modify the default ones (connection, time, battery)

I imagine this is still possible but the right button of the mouse does not give me the option anymore. If I go to the desktop and right click I only get the possibility of modifying the desktop picture

...and now the bottom toolbar has just moved below the upper toolbar...(I am using Ububtu traditional desktop)

any help?

rokytnji
November 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
If you wish to reset all back to their defaults,

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/ubuntu-tips-and-tricks.htm#Customize-the-Panel

ajgreeny
November 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I have upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 (I am on a acer Eee PC) and I am finding impossible to add any items to the toolbar or modify the default ones (connection, time, battery)

I imagine this is still possible but the right button of the mouse does not give me the option anymore. If I go to the desktop and right click I only get the possibility of modifying the desktop picture

...and now the bottom toolbar has just moved below the upper toolbar...(I am using Ububtu traditional desktop)

any help?
Was it definitely 10.10 that you updated to, and not 11.10? The panel of 10.10 should act just like that of 10.04, hence my question, and if you can not right click and get various options for the panel in 10.10, something is horribly wrong with your system.

If you have updated to 11.10 and gnome 3, you will have problems customizing the panels as you could in gnome 2, but see the stickies in the forum's General section for details of what is possible at the moment.
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=331

abelito8
November 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Sorry I was sleeping this morning

I upgraded to 11.10

and the right button of my mouse seems disabled when I click on the tool/menu bar

and the lower menu bar is not just under the upper one without any apparent reasons...

ajgreeny
November 18th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry I was sleeping this morning

I upgraded to 11.10

and the right button of my mouse seems disabled when I click on the tool/menu bar

and the lower menu bar is not just under the upper one without any apparent reasons...
Sorry, I should have said in my last post, it is Alt+Rt Click to customize the panels in gnome3 classic fallback desktop.

Don't forget my comment about the sticky posts at http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=331

abelito8
November 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
thank you, I can customize the bar now (although I still have both bars in the upper part of my screen :)

jaime256
November 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM
You can also just drag and drop the icon you want onto the bar. I was just going through the same thing. I'm using the gnome shell but I think it'll work on unity too, don't know about that one though. All these crazy changes suck. Well I hope there are some good Black Friday and Monday deals. If I can't get Windows again I'll change back to it. Don't get me wrong, I like linux, well I have for a while, but all the changes are just way too much messing around to get back to the simple stuff.