PDA

View Full Version : [kde] seperate dashboard with dual monitor

Japortie
November 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hi, with Ubuntu 11.10 I changed my desktop environment from gnome2 to kde(4.7.2), i dont really like unity and gnome3 ;)

Now i got a problem: I would like to seperate my dashboard from the desktop, and place an independent set of widgets on it, but the seperate dashboard seems to have a problem with a dual monitor configuration. I use two monitors, the primary one with a resolution of 1920x1200 and the secondary one with a resolution of 1280x1024. Although i configured the monitors with twinview, the dashboard shows the same on both monitors. That wouldnt be that bad, but i cant place widgets on a position that can't be displayed on my secondary monitor. In that case kde only moves the widget back to the middle...
Is that a bug or is it possible to configure this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english ;)

regards Japortie

Japortie
December 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
This bug was solved with KDE 4.7.3.
Thank you!

aussie.ian
July 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I have been playing around with 12.04 (live edition for now) and am experiencing the problem titled in this thread..
I am using 12.04 LTS 32-bit with AMD dual core 3800+ 6GB ram and Nvidia 560 graphics card..
I want to be able to see whether Unity is suitable for my needs but am unable to configure more than resolutions (graphics card is showing as unknown). I have mirror displays turned off but still have 2 dashboards and taskbars, which still mirror, although the 2 monitors display what I put on them I am unable to get rid of the unwanted taskbar and widgets on the secondary monitor.. I also noticed the only way I can reboot or shutdown my computer is from the taskbar widget on my 2nd monitor as the widget on my main monitor is not visible when using the monitors native resolution, (the screen seems to be streched to the right somewhat so that date and time is at the far right of the screen)
I do realize a live distro will behave differently from an install but would like to be able to see how suitable Unity is before actually installing it..
I have read http://askubuntu.com/questions/29553/how-can-i-configure-unity/101415#101415 and it seems My Unity needs to be downloaded and installed for any real configuration of Unity. If this is the case why in this modern day of dual or more monitors would it not be included in a live disc for testing purposes by the potential installer.

aussie.ian
July 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Could someone let me know whether the multiple dashboard/taskbars is default behaviour, is there a way to get rid of the 2nd and subsequent dashboards and taskbars on multiple monitors??