PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing notification behavior

skinflint
November 18th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Using Ubuntu 11.10 desktop and receive a notification window from Gwibber (e.g. Twitter notifications), the default behavior means that when I hover over the window with the mouse the notification window becomes more transparent and fades. This means I cannot click on links provide and cannot prevent the notification from fading away.

Is there a way to change the behaviour so that hovering with the mouse on a notification window means that it sticks around - and lets you access any provided links?

Thanks.

pipuntu
November 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Second for this, really frustrating not being able to clink on links in tweets, its how I mainly avoid doing any work!

In the mean time, I'd recommend the tweet deck chromium web app (which you can put in a 'prism' thingy)- uses chrome notifications to pop up messages (not quite as pretty as Ubuntu's) and links are click-enabled :)

Frogs Hair
November 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
There is an application at the link to customize notify osd . Included is a time out setting . http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/configurable-notifyosd-bubbles-for.html Welcome to the forums !