PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Power issues

tp2215
November 17th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question and I have tried to search the forums, even Google, but could not find exactly the same as this problem.

I recently just tried to install Ubuntu (dual boot Windows 7) on my main PC since I had it on my laptop for ages and love it. Everything installed and went perfect however I seem to be having major Power management issues.

1) When I login past the login screen it seems to shut down my monitor completely for several minutes eventually waking up to the desktop.

2) For some reason when I go to put it into standby, It will not wake up at with the mouse and keyboard, only my hitting the power button. In Unity 2d it seems to freeze after several minutes and will not wake up. In Unity 3D, it always freezes and the only way to recover is by doing a hard reset.

3) I just realized also that after several minutes of regular computer use(maybe like 15-30)it just seems to shut down too and require a hard reset. (am typing this from Windows installation)

I am sure that there is other problems too and all of it seems to do with power management. I already updated my graphic card drivers to the latest and installed all the updates. If anyone could help i would be really appreciative!

(posted this also in another forum, just realized it was probably the wrong place, mods you can delete the old one)

tp2215
November 17th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Bumping, anyone have any idea what is causing this?

tp2215
November 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Anybody have a clue? Im also going to look into other forums as well since no one here seems that helpful. Thanks anyway.

Betanu701
November 18th, 2011, 05:58 AM
What is your graphics card? What driver's are you using with it?

Also, there are several known bugs with Hibernation, which I think might also apply to standby, I may be wrong.