PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GNU grub error

sunbird9099
November 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Need help with grub error pls. the msg I got is below: Im using ubuntu w/ windows "wubi"

GNU GRUB version 1.99-12ubuntu5

Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible....

grub>

thanks

sunbird9099
November 14th, 2011, 05:43 AM
can someone help me pls Need help with grub error. the msg I got is below: Im using ubuntu w/ windows "wubi"

Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible....

grub>

thanks

bcbc
November 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Review this: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.com/2011/08/missing-rootdisk.html

If that's not the problem, post back with more details (like how you installed, did it ever boot, what happened if it did boot etc.)

cariboo
November 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have merged your two threads.

jahLux
January 7th, 2012, 03:13 PM
can someone help me pls Need help with grub error. the msg I got is below: Im using ubuntu w/ windows "wubi"

grub>

thanks

This problem has NOTHING to do with 'WUBI'. It manifests itself on certain hardware sets whenever, in a multi-boot environment, one tries to 'write' the boot-loader on any partition other than the MBR i.e. the '/' partition.
I've been chasing this for a solution since late last year - in vain.
Boot-Repair was tried - to no avail.
Perhaps it'll be 'resolved' GRUB version 1.99-12ubuntu6 appears - till then GRUB version 1.99-12ubuntu4 or lower.