PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Problem with Muon search Results

UsmanKhan
November 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I have kubuntu 11.10 with muon as package manager.

when i enter name in search packages are not shown although with manual scrolling in the list i found them listed in the packages.
I dont know what he problem with search result . any way to fix that??

I tried installing synaptic and same thing is happening to it also . I have to manually scroll and add packages.??

DesG
December 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I have the same issue, if I type, for example virtualbox into the search field, it just displays blank search results, if I manually scroll down the list of available packages, I can install from there.

Seems like a strange search function ;)

adanos
January 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Looks like i've had same issue and have solved it just by removing and installing again muon related packages.
Just try to make those 2 steps in terminal

1)sudo apt-get remove muon muon-installer muon-notifier muon-updater
2)sudo apt-get install muon muon-installer muon-notifier muon-updater
I've rebooted my laptop after each step just for case although dunno weather reboot is necessary)

scrub jay
January 22nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
I have the same issue, if I type, for example virtualbox into the search field, it just displays blank search results, if I manually scroll down the list of available packages, I can install from there.

I sometimes do a package search that shows a blank result and then realize that I don't have the proper filter selected. Then I'll switch over to "All" in the "By Category" filter or "All" in the "By Status" filter.