PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 LiveCD freezes

Formerly
November 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I'm working on a blank hard drive and my computer exceeds all the required specifications. After selecting English as my preferred language, I'm able to select any option--Test hard drive for defects, check space, install, try without installing. None of these options work, after selecting each one of them freezes. All the F-key options work fine, however.

I'm looking around and the only resolutions I'm seeing are trying a CD from another distro, or burning an earlier version of ubuntu onto a CD. Is there any way to get the CD to work without freezing, or are my only options seriously to ditch it for an earlier version or different distribution?

MAFoElffen
November 13th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I'm working on a blank hard drive and my computer exceeds all the required specifications. After selecting English as my preferred language, I'm able to select any option--Test hard drive for defects, check space, install, try without installing. None of these options work, after selecting each one of them freezes. All the F-key options work fine, however.

I'm looking around and the only resolutions I'm seeing are trying a CD from another distro, or burning an earlier version of ubuntu onto a CD. Is there any way to get the CD to work without freezing, or are my only options seriously to ditch it for an earlier version or different distribution?
So, "Try without Installing" freezes?

- Paint me a picture of your equipment, especially what video it has.
- Tell me how it freezes. You said it gets to the menu, then? Please describe.
- Tell me why you are emotionally attached to Ubuntu version 9.04. I figure that there must be some personal reason or other requirement why you are installing an older version that is no longer supported, right?