PDA

View Full Version : Help KDE win an award of 1000 Euros. Need your votes.

kvvv
November 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hello,

A German bank, DiBaDu, is currently awarding 1000 Euros to the 1000 most voted clubs or organisations in Germany that have registered for this. KDE started off at the top spot, but has been falling in the last few days, and falling fast.

If KDE were to win this award, it would use it to fund a developers sprint.

If you are a user of KDE, or if you support free desktops in general, do spare about 3 minutes to give a vote for KDE. Click on the link below:
https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/10115/kde-ev

The page is in German, so click on the orange Stimme Abgeben button. You can use Google translate to read it in English. It will ask you for your email address, after which it will send you a mail with the final voting link.

Cheers!

:)

PS: It was ranked 1007 a few hours ago, but it's now 815.
Also, there are only 3 days left before the votes are locked.

simpleblue
November 12th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for posting this.

I just voted and things are looking good, but we need to keep the votes up or we may be pushed out.

C'mon guys and gals, takes only a minute! Sometimes we gotta fight abit to stand out. Remember that Linux is what we make it!

... and think of how cool it would be when KDE wins! :)

West201
November 12th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I just voted :)

Good Luck

simpleblue
November 12th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I just voted :)

Good Luck
You Rock jesse, thanks!!!

:guitar:

Rubykuby
November 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Voted for ya.

simpleblue
November 12th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Voted for ya.
Woooohoooo!!!

We're at 794. That means people are voting!

* dances * :P

I've posted this around a couple of other forums and there are people voting there as well! :)

dniMretsaM
November 12th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Voting. Gotta love KDE!

dniMretsaM
November 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Google Translate is giving me an invalid URL error.

simpleblue
November 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM

I just copied it into Google Translate as it doesn't seem to work will all sites.

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#de|en| (http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#de%7Cen%7C)

kvvv
November 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM

I got the same error, I wondered if it was just me.

Just click on the orange button where it will ask you to fill the email, and enter the code in the image. Then, click absenden.

It will send you an email with a link to complete your vote. In the link there should be another orange button to click to finally register your vote.

:)

Chronon
November 12th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Voted.

simpleblue
November 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Could anyone get a hold of Chris from the Linux Action Show and ask him to give this a mention on the show? I've joined and posted on the Jupitor Broadcasting Forum but I have not yet found a way to directly contact him.

The results so far:

Rang 785
Stimmen 5.269

translation:

Rank 785
Votes 5269

We're doing better and better! :)

kvvv
November 12th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Linux Action Show - Reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/linuxactionshow)

Check out there for spreading the message!

simpleblue
November 13th, 2011, 02:33 AM
We're at 761 now!!

:popcorn:

Untitled_No4
November 13th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I have received a request from another e.V. for votes and they also mentioned that each email address can be used to vote up to 3 times. Might want to mention that in your threads, so people know that they can vote more than once if they are willing to help.

Anyway, I voted for KDE as well using a different email address, and the "confirmation" email they send say itself:

"Insgesamt haben Sie 3 Stimmen. Daher können Sie jetzt noch bis zu 2 Stimmen vergeben."

Or, in English: In total you have 3 votes. You still have 2 votes left".

Edit: If I were you I would also post it on Twitter using the #KDE hash since it might get some exposure from people who don't visit forums so often...

Lucradia
November 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
it's in the top 1000, like ReactOS, both should get the money.

nosmadar
November 13th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Voted 5 min. ago, this was the status:

Rang 738 Stimmen 5.401

XO-2b
November 13th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Vielen Dank. Ihre Stimme wurde gezählt.
Hinweis: Die Vereins-Rangliste wird 15 Minuten zeitverzögert aktualisiert.

Nice opportunity to learn some german :)

DoeNietWil
November 13th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Done, also for ReactOS and FOSSLC Free and Open Source Software Learning Centre e.V. (they still need votes!!!!!) https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/98693/fosslc-free-and-open-source-software-learning-centre-ev

simpleblue
November 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Voted 5 min. ago, this was the status:

Rang 738 Stimmen 5.401
Thank you!

We're in position 975. I thought this might happen. In order to keep our place we need more votes or we need someone to post an article on Linux News.

Lucradia
November 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Thank you!

We're in position 975. I thought this might happen. In order to keep our place we need more votes or we need someone to post an article on Linux News.

A lot of things are being spammed by teacher's students to raise the "Education" ranks.

simpleblue
November 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM
KDE did not win. We had 6499 votes and needed 7900.

I was going to rant about this and that, and how the world is **** (in my opinion. you cannot argue me on my own opinion), but I'll keep my mouth shut.

:(

Lucradia
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
ReactOS, however, won 1000 Euros. Just barely, it lost over 100 ranks in just a day.