PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Manager not recognising new versions?

northie1
November 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Still working on upgrading Firefox & Thunderbird 7 to version 8, and also ClamAV_4.32 to 4.36. I seem to be unable to get Upgrade Manager to recognise that there are these new versions available.

lolpenguin
November 12th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Still working on upgrading Firefox & Thunderbird 7 to version 8, and also ClamAV_4.32 to 4.36. I seem to be unable to get Upgrade Manager to recognise that there are these new versions available.

The repositories haven't been updated with the new versions yet (e.g. virtualbox is still version 4.1.2, newest is 4.1.6) so wait a while, and to reload the repositories run in a terminal:

sudo apt-get update

-kg-
November 12th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Oh mercy! I don't know how I got to this thread, but it was NOT the thread I intended to post to!

Sorry!

lovinglinux
November 12th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Oh mercy! I don't know how I got to this thread, but it was NOT the thread I intended to post to!

Sorry!

Sorry, I have merged the thread with the Firefox 8 Mega Thread. However, since this one is talking about other software as well, I have moved it back to it's own thread.

For Firefox 8 information, see Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712247)