PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Replacing Mythbuntu w Natty

WrkWatchr
November 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I have a MythUbuntu server with a 14tb SW raid setup. I am finding Myth too finicky and would like to go to a vanilla Ubuntu install. Can someone direct me on the best way to approach this without trashing my Raid setup. I have a separate boot drive but am hesitant to proceed due to my newbie status and lack of experience with the raid aspects of the server.

Other than the fact I don't use any of the Myth features, the biggest problem I am having with the Myth setup is the one thing I do use and need - a Samba Share- will intermittently "disappear" from my network even though I have full network connectivity. It will mysteriously drop from the network and just as mysteriously show up anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 days later. This server has been operating for almost 2 years and just recently started acting screwy. No interaction, including rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling Samba, recreating a new/replacement share, etc., seems to make any difference with these mystery actions. I have replaced the network card, ensured all updates are installed, and no one is interacting with the server when it disappears/reappears. I have 4 other Ubuntu servers and this is the only one having problems.

Thanks in advance

Roy

Xfce 4.6.1