View Full Version : What's that scifi film called?

November 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
There is this film from late 80s to 90s which I can't recall the title of. The hero has a weird eye thing on his back which lets him transform into a super alien hero. I think he is called Magyver or something.

Later on in the movie he gets to mine shaft where some of the workers themselves can transform into aliens and they fight; bad aliens vs good aliens.

Anyone know which movie I am talking about? :tongue:

November 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Could it be The Guyver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guyver)?


November 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
The description doesn't spark any recollections for me beyond the observation that I don't think it was the MacGyver (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088559/) many of us watched in our younger days.

Edit: paipbe might be on to something, I was too slow with my searching!

November 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah it's the Guyver! I loved that film as a kid (awful taste I know) :P I always thought the hero was called Maguyver, probably mixed with the other series.

November 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
The Guyver is awesome :)


November 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
If you are interested, the concept came from an manga series. There are also a couple of anime movies, two anime series, and another 'live' film.

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyver)'s more info.

BTW, I just recently learn about the series, and I'm trying to get and watch all material related to it. So far I've seen 'Guyver: Out of Control'.