PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity launcher disapear.

colomob
November 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I downloaded Compiz to try it out, i enable desktop cube and disable unity plugins. The launcher disappear with the task-bar were the internet signal and user appears. what can i do to get it back. am new at this.

sarayuvijay
November 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I also have a similar problem. While trying to play around with the compfiz settings I don’t know what I did but the next thing was that the launcher bar disappeared. I have no control and even to shut down. I just have 'File Edit View Go Bookmarks Help in the top panel' Can some one please help

sarayuvijay
November 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I managed to restore the launcher. I had accidentally disabled the Ubuntu Utility Plugin. Once I re enabled it the launcher re appeared.

stinkeye
November 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
The key phrase here is

i enable desktop cube and disable unity plugins

The unity plugin is the launcher and panel.

Xtremefaith
November 14th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Was wondering how you managed to get the launcher back. I was trying trying to enable the wobble window and accepted the pop-up for disabling unity plugin... hindsight says that was xtremely stupid and yes I'm now begging for an answer online, which I barely managed to open.

For future reference it would be nice to know how to open Chromium from terminal since that seemed to be the only thing I could get to. :)

Thanks the response in advance.