PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome shell : Where are gone the menus of applications

aximab
November 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I am using Kile with gnome shell.
I don't know where the regular menu like file, Edit, Tools are gone ? I just can't find it.
I have some "fashion" button to save or undo or compile but a lot more fonctionnality are now hide ...
Thanks for your help

Troll ( I need it):
... like i don't know select a text then go to Tools and choose "comments"
But you are right that is something you never do with TeX you only need to save and compile.
I think this is unacceptable. Unity and Gnome Shell seems devoted to look good and simple but the actual use is now by far more slow and complicated.
I am angry. :)

( Foreign writer, with apologies for your language)

Frogs Hair
November 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
In the Gnome Shell the application menu appears in top of the application window . If you are using Unity with the global menu the menu appears on top panel when the cursor hovers .

aximab
November 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ok maybe it's a kind of bug but here is the precise behaviour:
I launch Kile (v ) with Gnome Shell on ubuntu 11.10
First as you said I can see the menu on top of the windows but after a quick time (1-2 seconds) This menus fade and i don't hace any idea to make them reappear.
It might be a wrong conifguration somewhere or a kile bug (since my menus or still there for firefox by example). Any help will be appreciate.

victor.pillac
April 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'm still stuck with the same problem, does anyone knows of a workaround?
Very annoying when you want to work with projects :-/

victor.pillac
April 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Ok I found a solution here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/100710/how-to-get-back-menu-bar-in-kile-after-switching-to-lxde

"In ~/.kde/share/config/kilerc, look for the section [KileMainWindow], and within that look for the line menubar=Disabled. Change Disabled to Enabled or delete this line."