PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity: Questions I've yet to resolve

scu-ba-de-buntu
November 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM
So, I have a few questions concerning Unity that if you have any answers to I would appreciate your comments.

Can't I have a folder on the "dock" thing?

Is there an easy way to make it run as fast as gnome? Maybe there are extra processes in the background? Likewise, after adding a couple of icons to the icon-bar it slows.

What happened to the Applications organization that Debian uses? Is there an official Ubuntu solution to make this usable? I hate having to remember the spelling of programs that I use semi-often - it makes using the Unity UI less convenient than just dropping down and using tab-auto-complete and history in bash.

As a developer, do I have to do anything special for packaging the .Deb where the target system uses Unity?

What are the "rules" of the new package manager used in Ubuntu 10.11, especially for adding to the repository?

The new "search for your applications instead of using menus" has some star thing but I can't rate anything since it doesn't allow highlighting without launching the program. Is this a bug or lack of implementation?

Why isn't there a "Unity" prefix on the Ubuntuforums.org New-Thread option?

Is there a way to 'force' the icon-bar to show up, since it sometimes doesn't respond to putting the cursor at "x := 0". ?

Can we add "Unity" to the "Desktop Environments,Support for your Ubuntu desktop. Including Gnome, KDE, XFCE and LXDE." since it is the default after install?

Those are the ones I can think off right now. Thanks.

svref
November 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
[lame post deleted]