PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost title bar and all apps

thenovelist
November 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Hi, just downloaded and installed the latest ubuntu. Problem is now I have lost the Apps and bar that allows me to re-start, shutdown etc. It does allow me access to the files, but none of the working of the softwares etc. I was formating a USB pendrive to Ext3 and whilst it was doing the formatting it froze and I had to reboot. That could be the problem, Ubuntu's apps and bar had gone! How can I retreive these please. Sorry mind is too full of morphine to give fuller details

thenovelist
November 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
AS I am looking at the empty spaces of help, I was wondering if uninstalling it would be the answer and reinstalling? But, it unfortunatley it would use more of my bandwidth! It has taken quite a bit already. I am not sure on the repair mode what I have to do. I am at a complete loss. So here is hoping that some kind person might have answer. Have searched through the tech stuff, but the eyes glaze over

Mark Phelps
November 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
If you're using v11.04 or v11.10 (with Unity) and the launch bar on the left no longer appears, the only way I know for sure to fix that is to follow the steps in the link below:

http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/04/missing-top-and-side-panels-in-unity.html

thenovelist
November 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Thank you for your time, I am most appreciative. Unfortunately I have treid that and it sadly failed. I have come to the conclusion I have to reload and start again. As its still new and not a lot done for dowmloads I think I can get away with my bandwidth providing I don't do any videos and updates this month on Win7