PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] U3 removal on SanDisk for USB boot

rasbas
November 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hi

I am trying to install Ubuntu on my other computer through a boot from a USB-drive.
I have this SanDisk drive and when I try to boot from it says "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found".

I did a little reading and found that the problem might be the flash drive - that it has this U3 program and that I have to remove that. To do so, I should use this Launchpadremoval program (http://u3.sandisk.com/launchpadremoval.htm).

When I launch this application it says "Please insert a U3 smart drive."

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

darkod
November 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
And did you connect your stick? What does it say after that, is there like OK or Remove button?

What exactly is the problem to use the removal tool? And you have to do this under windows of course.

rasbas
November 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
And did you connect your stick? What does it say after that, is there like OK or Remove button?

What exactly is the problem to use the removal tool? And you have to do this under windows of course.

Just this window is showing, regardless of the stick has been inserted or not.
As the picture shows I cannot continue before I have inserted the "U3 smart drive" - even though it is already inserted?

darkod
November 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Strange. Have you tried opening the program first and then plugging the stick?

Also, if using windows 7 sometimes it needs to run the program as administrator. Don't double click on it, but use right-click, Run As Administrator...