PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Community Appreciation Day

sffvba[e0rt
November 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Ubuntu is not just an Operating System, it is a whole community in which everybody collaborates with everybody to bring to the life a wonderful Human experience. When you download the iso, burn it, install it and start to enjoy it, you know that a lot of people made magnificent efforts to deliver the best Ubuntu OS possible.

For all the effort exerted, for every minute of the year, some gave of their time talent or treasure. There's the Ubuntu Community Appreciation Day, when everybody -- whether user, developer, or non-developer contributor anyone who gives a hand making Ubuntu what it is today -- everybody takes a moment to thank someone for their contribution. Every contribution counts! Take time to say, "Thank you!"

The word Thanks inspires and gives a huge amount of motivation to encourages people to become even better contributors thus making Ubuntu and the community even better.

Source (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UCADay)

Just a heads up, the first UCADay is the 20th of November 2011...

ikt
November 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Good idea, will thank many

BigSilly
November 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I had no idea about this. I don't use Facebook, but my daughter does and I'll be getting her to post up our thanks to the devs. After all, we are all using it in one form or another in the home.

Hope someone bumps this to remind us nearer the date. I've set it in my Thunderbird calendar anyway.

sffvba[e0rt
November 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
BUMP for a few days until the 20th...

lovinglinux
November 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Great. I will fire my Tweeter.

sffvba[e0rt
November 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Well, where I am the 20th has just rolled around...

And I would like the opportunity to give thanks to the Ubuntu Community at large (with a special focus on this forum and its members), the single biggest thing that differentiates Ubuntu from the rest and the reason I tend to always revert back to Ubuntu (on the odd chance I go distro-hopping).

To the staff that makes the forum a pleasant place to visit, to the users that fill it with interesting questions and the vital answers ;) Thank you! I have frequented the forum for many years under various names, and plan to wonder the threads of UF for many more to come thanks to you all :guitar:

Linuxratty
November 20th, 2011, 12:32 AM
No social networking for me...So I'll just say thanks everyone on this forum.

zeroseven0183
November 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM
On behalf of our city team, THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all our Ubuntu developers, designers, bug triagers, translators, documentation experts, technical support, friends and followers!

lovinglinux
November 20th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Thank you so much for putting a lot of effort on building an awesome OS, distributing it for free and providing superb support through an incredible community effort.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/7003717/640/7003717.png (http://picturepush.com/public/7003717)

cariboo
November 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Before heading off to work, I'd like to thank all our members for making this a great community.

ubername
November 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Just a quick thread to say thank you to everyone on here who helps so much to make sure that the Ubuntu releases are ready to go. I know that I benefit enormously from the shared knowledge and approaches to trouble shooting which the people here share (and in the other discussions).

So thanks everyone! (And that includes the people who ask the questions as well as those who provide the answers)

Remember it is Ubuntu Community Appreciation Day today.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UCADay

grahammechanical
November 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I am appreciative!

Thank you Ubuntu Community forums. Thank you Mark Shuttleworth. Thank you Canonical people. Thank you Ubuntu project people. Thank you Askubuntu people.

effenberg0x0
November 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
UCADay is a great way to express some appreciation without sounding too lame :)

This is just a note to thank you U+1 regulars and visitors for putting up with me and sharing valuable knowledge, while providing a fun environment. Sometimes reading a thing or two here is the only time of the day I actually LOL.

I have learned a lot from you and still do. I have great respect for the effort many of you do to not only test the upcoming version of Ubuntu but also to help the newbies and less-experienced users in the General Help section at every release crisis.

Keep up the amazing work and motivation.

Regards,
Effenberg

effenberg0x0
November 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'd like to thank you all, members, visitors, regulars, etc for your efforts in providing help for new users and the less experienced, while keeping this community fun. I have learned a lot here (and I still do). So thank you all and thanks Ubuntu.

Regards,
Effenberg
________

Elfy
November 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Stuck for the day.

Thanks to all for making ubuntuforums a place worth coming back to.

sammiev
November 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Many Thanks to all our Ubuntu developers, designers, bug triagers, translators, documentation experts, technical support, friends and followers! :)

Elfy
November 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
merged threads

ronacc
November 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
my thanks to all who make ubuntu a great distro , my goto for many years .

Script Warlock
November 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
my big thanks to the man behind Ubuntu, Mark Shuttleworth... the developers, contributors, fans, members of this forum and to the mods(for all the support).. THANK YOU and may we have more centuries to come:KS...

Rubykuby
November 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you, Ubuntu, Linux et al for putting fun back into computing at no price whatsoever. If only I could contribute in ways some of you do.

LinuxFan999
November 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Thank you, Ubuntu devs, for making Ubuntu one of the best Linux Distros.
Thank you, Ubuntu community, for making Ubuntu forums a great place to get help.

F.G.
November 20th, 2011, 04:21 PM
indeed, thank you Ubuntu. thank you Richard Stallman, Linus Torvald, Ian Murdock, Mark Shuttleworth and the many many developers who have contributed to create this OS. thanks too to the indirect contributers and wider community, who make bug fixing and problem solving a quick and enjoyable leaning process, in contrast to painful tedium of customer services call centers and drawn out unhelpful email exchanges.

IWantFroyo
November 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Happy Ubuntu Community Appreciation day!

This was the community that made me interested in computers in the first place, and provided help for me every time I would accidentally screw up and xkill my task bar. :-s

Erik1984
November 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hereby I appreciate the Ubuntu Community :P

jepong
November 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
big big thanks to the Kubuntu Ninjas!

jerrylamos
November 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Early unstable Pangolin O.K. From my view not much different than Ocelot so far.

From every past development Ubuntu, usually the @#$% doesn't hit the fan until about Alpha 1 time and I "try" a fresh install and Grub2 and/or Ubiquity is busted.

Anyway with LTS goal for 12.04 I assume they're trying to be safe rather than putting a lot new function in.

We'll see. So far, most difficulties users report seem to get good answers on this Ubuntu+1 forum.

Jerry