PDA

View Full Version : Flash dance - Dubai Airport.

Megaptera
November 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Well worth a look I think ...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/video-flash-mob-dance-rocks-dubai-international-airport-2011-11-08-1.427308

Rodney9
November 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Well worth a look I think ...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/video-flash-mob-dance-rocks-dubai-international-airport-2011-11-08-1.427308

Thanks Yes it is, worth a look :)

Ji Ruo
November 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Just to warn other people who might feel the same way as I do about this stuff - this is a highly choreographed dance routine for the purpose of viral marketing a credit card. It's not spontaneous or altruistic at all.

If you like musicals, glee etc you might enjoy it?

LowSky
November 9th, 2011, 12:38 AM
"hey guys lets utterly confuse the people around us"

i don't get it.

Henry Flower
November 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
... and the marketers scrape the last vestiges of soul off one more source of pleasure.

kvvv
November 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Heh.. dem killjoys.

It looks like fun, but definitely not original. I saw a similar video in the London subway a year or two ago.

forrestcupp
November 9th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Flash mobs are becoming so commonplace that it almost wouldn't be a surprise if it were to happen around me.

Megaptera
November 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM
- this is a highly choreographed dance routine for the purpose of viral marketing a credit card. It's not spontaneous or altruistic at all.

I know, it's the dancing and choreography I was hoping that people would enjoy :D

No one would think for a moment that it's spontaneous.

jonkiribati
November 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I like that

Ji Ruo
November 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
When I saw flash dance in the thread title I thought it was a flash mob type thing, where people organise something on little notice and for no reason other than to surprise and entertain people. That's why after watching it I was unimpressed that it was a viral marketing attempt.

Megaptera
November 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
... That's why after watching it I was unimpressed that it was a viral marketing attempt...

Certainly it was only an attempt, I knew it was well rehearsed but I still have spotted what product they're promoting!!! So it wasn't a very good marketing attempt ... it's only the - well rehearsed - choreography that I noticed :D