PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome 3.2 theme changed after update?

cortman
November 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I had my Gnome 3.2 desktop just the way I liked it, with the light gray bar, the footprint in the upper left corner, etc. Now after installing the latest updates recommended by Update Manager, I have a Gnome 3-esque black bar, "Activities" in the corner, and the bar and the icons are a good deal larger. How can I revert back to what I had before?
Thanks!

Frogs Hair
November 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Were you using a theme you installed ? The update may have caused the default theme to load which , has a black top panel . You can open advanced settings to view the theme selections . Logout / in may be required when changing the theme .

cortman
November 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Were you using a theme you installed ? The update may have caused the default theme to load which , has a black top panel . You can open advanced settings to view the theme selections . Logout / in may be required when changing the theme .

My Gnome 3.2 started up the first time with the grey panel... I didn't install any themes that I know of.

Frogs Hair
November 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
My Gnome 3.2 started up the first time with the grey panel... I didn't install any themes that I know of.

The default panel is black in my Gnome Shell installation . The theme may have been changed or was not working properly . There are themes available at the link .http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=167&PHPSESSID=607d4643d604a44143400c3079d5204d

(Install Downloaded Themes / Icons)

Install the Gnome Tweak Tool / advanced settings for making theme selections

(Single User) Create a .themes and .icons folder in home / hidden folders . (All Users) Use gksudo nautilus > File System / usr / share / themes or icons .

Download , extract the packages , and place the folders in either location making theme selections using Advanced Settings . Logout - in may be required