PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] nepomuk crashes

errenay
November 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
After upgrading from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, Nepomuk crashes all the time after logging to KDE. Firstly there is information about "segmentation fault", then Nepomuk complains about "the name org.kde.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files" :confused:
I have googled for any information, but so far I could not find anything useful. It seems that this bug is known, but I haven't seen any solution...
Any help would be appreciated.

cespinal
November 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
After upgrading from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, Nepomuk crashes all the time after logging to KDE. Firstly there is information about "segmentation fault", then Nepomuk complains about "the name org.kde.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files" :confused:
I have googled for any information, but so far I could not find anything useful. It seems that this bug is known, but I haven't seen any solution...
Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried going through the latest updates?
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-473

They claim they have resolved a lot of Nepo's stability issues.

mister_playboy
November 16th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Do you actually use desktop searching? If not, I recommend turning it off in System Settings > Desktop Search. :popcorn:

Note you can still do things like search for programs in Kickoff without Nepomuk.